• four • Are We There but? • [Editorial (Analog)] • essay by way of Edward M. Lerner
• eight • Cryptids • shortstory via Alec Nevala-Lee
• 22 • Lockstep: a potential Galactic Empire • [Science truth (Analog)] • essay by way of Karl Schroeder
• 28 • Karl Schroeder • [Biolog] • essay by means of Richard A. Lovett
• 29 • In Perpetuity • shortstory via Ellis Morning
• 38 • our bodies in Water • shortstory by means of Sarah Frost
• 38 • Bodies in Water • inside paintings via Zelda Devon
• forty six • In instances to come back (Analog, may well 2014) • [In instances to return] • essay by way of uncredited
• forty seven • God may possibly Love Us this present day, yet What approximately day after today? • poem through Robert Lundy
• forty seven • God could Love Us this day, yet What approximately day after today? • inside art through uncredited
• forty eight • Our New Overlords • [Probability 0] • shortstory by way of Jerry Oltion
• 50 • while WIMPs Collide • [The trade View] • essay through John G. Cramer
• fifty three • Snapshots • shortstory by way of Kristine Kathryn Rusch
• 60 • Repo • shortstory via Aaron Gallagher
• 70 • one other Man's Treasure • shortstory via Tom Greene
• 70 • Another Man's Treasure • inside paintings via Vincent Di destiny
• eighty two • All Human issues • novelette by way of Dave Creek
• eighty two • All Human issues • inside art via Josh Meehan
• 104 • The Reference Library (Analog, may perhaps 2014) • [The Reference Library] • essay by means of Don Sakers
• one zero five • assessment: Raygun Chronicles: house Opera For a brand new Age by means of Bryan Thomas Schmidt • assessment through Dan Sakers
• one zero five • evaluate: past the solar through Bryan Thomas Schmidt • evaluate via Don Sakers
• 106 • assessment: Treecat Wars by way of David Weber and Jane Lindskold • overview by way of Don Sakers
• 106 • evaluation: The Hunter by way of Giancarlo Genta • assessment by way of Don Sakers
• 106 • overview: the recent Martians by means of Nick Kanas • evaluate by means of Don Sakers
• 106 • evaluation: Alien come upon by means of Dirk Schulze-Makuch • evaluate through Don Sakers
• 107 • overview: earlier Masters and different Bookish Natterings through Bud Webster • overview through Don Sakers
• 108 • Brass Tacks (Analog, could 2014) • [Brass Tacks] • essay by way of a number of
• 108 • Letter (Analog, could 2014) • essay by means of Christopher Myers
• 109 • Letter: the writer Responds (Analog, may perhaps 2014) • essay via H. G. Stratmann
• a hundred and ten • Letter: the writer Responds  (Analog, may possibly 2014) • essay through H. G. Stratmann
• 112 • Upcoming occasions (Analog, may possibly 2014) • [Upcoming occasions] • essay through Anthony R. Lewis [as by way of Anthony Lewis ]
Read or Download Analog Science Fiction and Fact (May 2014) PDF
Best horror books
Creation via China Miéville
Long stated as a grasp of nightmarish visions, H. P. Lovecraft proven the genuineness and dignity of his personal pioneering fiction in 1931 together with his imperative paintings of supernatural horror, on the Mountains of insanity. The intentionally advised and more and more chilling recollection of an Antarctic expedition’s uncanny discoveries–and their come across with untold risk within the ruins of a misplaced civilization–is a milestone of macabre literature.
Ahead of the 1st American booklet of Brian Lumley's ground-breaking, lifeless waking, best-selling Necroscope ® in 1988--the first novel in a long-lived, much-loved series--this British writer had for 20 years been incomes an green with envy attractiveness writing brief tales, novellas, and a sequence of novels set opposed to H.
A relations strikes to a small city ruled by way of a murderous cult Despite its eerie identify, Bethany’s Sin is a delightful position. After a lifetime of grim poverty, this new group appears like heaven to Evan Reid and his kin. With its old fashioned retailers, manicured lawns, and clean summer time scent, town charms the Vietnam veteran, his spouse, and their daughter like nowhere else they've got ever been.
Manhattan instances bestselling writer Anne Bishop transports readers to a “stunningly original”* international of magic and political unrest—where the one probability at peace calls for a perilous rate. .. . The Others freed the blood prophets to guard them from exploitation, yet their activities had dire outcomes.
Extra info for Analog Science Fiction and Fact (May 2014)
Munching bacon, Crow assessed Henry Guthrie. Val’s dad was getting up there now, and high-tech farming or not the fields took their toll. He looked every one of his sixty-four years, and perhaps a bit more. His bushy black eyebrows had become wilder and shot with silver, and since Val’s mother died two years ago, Guthrie’s head of hair had gone completely gray. Even so, his blueberry-blue eyes sparkled with youth and mischief. “I’m thinking of taking Val to New Hope next weekend. Just to get away for a day or so.
The kids on the hayride still didn’t move. The taller of the two staffers turned to the other. ” They glanced at Crow, who was now helping another set of kids climb onto a second flatbed that stood at the far corner of the barn; a third tractor and flatbed was already vanishing into the far distance where the complex maze through the cornfields began. Claire was with him, sipping a Diet Pepsi that someone had given her, and chatting airily to Crow, sharing the highlights. ” It took them a couple more minutes to convince the huddled teens on the flatbed that everything was all right.
That’s really strange,” Vic said. “Everyone else is afraid of the dark, afraid that the killer might get them…but you’re not. ” The Bone Man said nothing. “C’mon, Morse…why is that? ” Polk snickered. ” A few of the other guys laughed, but Vic didn’t and neither did Tow-Truck Eddie. The big man’s face was almost thoughtful, but he didn’t say a word. Vic on the other hand flapped an arm at the others to shut them up. “Bullshit, Jimmy. ” It took Polk and the others a couple of seconds to sort that out.